Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 2014 update on the HPV (cervical cancer) vaccine.

     I am excited that there is very encouraging information about how safe and effective the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine is for pre-teens and teens. Although I know this article has some "technical" words and information that might be confusing, but the data is very encouraging. The safety remains very good. The numbers of pre-teens and teens receiving the vaccine in this country is still less than 50%, but hopefully the number increases over time. This will allow everyone to be better protected.
     I still strongly support the vaccine. I have had my own three sons vaccinated. They tolerated the vaccine well (except for one of them with some arm soreness afterwards for a day or two with the first shot). I have posted before about the HPV vaccine -- here is a link to the most complete of the posts on the vaccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment